Due to the corona virus pandemic, there are various public restrictions which have led to the cancellation of various festivals, concerts and other big events.
Not only this but due to corona virus it is getting difficult to go outdoors to play any kind of sport. However, there are still some fun things that you can do during this time.
Moreover, involving in any kind of sports activity is essential during the time of COVID-19, so you can keep your body in shape and distract your mind from the problems of copping with lives challenges.
So in this article, we will discuss some outdoor sports activity that you can do while keeping yourself safe from corona virus. In this article, apart from this, we will also discuss why you should go for outdoor activities.
Why Choose Outdoor Activities?
Corona virus is spread from person to person through respiratory droplets that come into the air when any person talks, cough or sneezes.
There are very fewer chances that you will get infected by a corona virus. But it doesn’t mean that by going out you will get infected.
If you go to an open area where fresh air is continuously moving, then you will not get infected. Due to continually moving air the droplets will disperse in the air. So there is a less of a chance that you will breathe in enough of the respiratory droplets containing the virus.
However, I am not saying that you should go to crowded places. In crowded places, you can easily catch the corona virus. Try to go to places where fewer people are present so you can easily follow social distancing rules.
Going outside provides you with various benefits like a emotional boost, increased energy, reduce mental stress and tension. Due to corona virus your going out of your home a lot less and then you feel anxiety when going out and playing any kind of sport and this the best thing you can do to beat the corona virus.
Low-Risk Outdoor Activities during Corona virus
There are a lot of fun sports activities that you can do during corona virus without getting infected. However, still, you need to take proper precautions to be safe from corona virus. You can easily do these activities in public parks or in less crowded areas.
So here is a list of outdoor sports activities that you can do during corona virus:
- Running and Walking: Many people enjoy walking and running. It is a great way to keep yourself healthy and the best thing you can easily do it in the parks and still maintain social distancing.
- Skating: Skating is one of the best and exciting outdoor sports activities that you can do during corona virus. You only need to buy a pair of skates, and then you are ready to go skating. Skating provide various health benefits also.
- Cycling: Cycling is also an excellent outdoor sports activity. However, while going cycling, make sure you don’t come to close to many people and if possible, try to wear a mask.
- Fishing: If you love to go fishing then your in luck. But make sure you go to the place where there are few people present. So then you can enjoy fishing while maintaining social distancing.
- Golf: Golfing is another excellent outdoor sports activity that you can do without catching the deadly corona virus. As long as its outside you will be in plenty of open space
From all the above sports activities, one of my personal favorites is skating. Skating is an enjoyable activity that not only improves your mood, but it also has various health benefits.
Skating provides both mental and physical benefits. It can help you to be both physically and mentally fit during the time of the corona virus pandemic.
Some other Low-Risk Social Activities
There are many other activities that you can do during this time. However, these activities are not sports activities; but still, these are good choices if you want to enjoy your time and want to divert your mind from negativity.
- Picnic: You can pack food from your home and take that food to your favorite place or park. But make sure that not a lot of people are present at this place. So you can easily enjoy your picnic with your friends or family.
- Gathering with Friends: Yes, you heard it right, you can do that but make sure you maintain the social distancing. Skip the handshakes and plan the activities that don’t require much contact, such as games like Frisbee.
Now you might think that a person who has the virus can touch the Frisbee and spread the virus to other people, but let me tell you various studies show contracting the virus by touching objects are lower as compared to person-to-person contact.
Some research also shows that outdoor socializing is safer than indoor because the factors like wind lower the risk of transmission.
Things to Keep In Mind
Whenever you are going out for outdoor activities, there are some things that you need to keep in mind.
- Choose less crowded places. Whenever you are choosing a place for any outdoor activity, choose a place where fewer people are present so you can easily maintain social distancing.
- Follow social distancing rules. Try to create at least a 6 foot distance from the people who you don’t live with.
- Wear a mask, especially in places where it is difficult to maintain social distancing. A mask is a great way to reduce the spread of the corona virus.
- When you come to home from being outside first wash your hands with soap and water. Moreover, while going out, keep hand sanitizer with you.
During corona virus, it is essential to take care of yourself as well as the people around you. But at the same time, it is necessary to enjoy your life, so you don’t get stressed out.
So to pass out your time you can try the above outdoor sports activities but make sure you take all the precautions.
I hope this article is helpful for you and it gives you some good ideas of outdoor sports activities that you can do during corona virus.